Year 8 - Football Results

The Beacon got off to a flying start with a goal inside the first 2 minutes.  Wonderful attacking play on the left side from Aaron Galloway and an inch perfect cross from Sam Steele fell at the feet of Tom Wakeling who finished well to put Beacon in the lead. 

De Stafford hit straight back moments later, Beacon were caught off guard by a long ball over the top combined with the pace of the striker who finished well, 1-1.

This lapse in concentration did little to stop the regular threat of Beacon’s attack who found themselves 2-1 up after 15 minutes. Some lovely passing through the midfield put in Tom Wakeling who finished calmly again for his second.

Beacon then went goal crazy in the final 10 minutes of the half.  First Tom completed his hat trick, getting on the end of yet more beautiful football from the Beacon side. Tom bagged his fourth with a powerful header from a great cross delivered by the impressive Sam Wright.  There was just about time for one more goal in what was an impeccable first half display from Tom.  Another good cross was placed into the corner to make it 5-1 at half time.

It would have been easy for Beacon to take their foot off the gas after the break, instead, the boys continued with their fine first half form.  Sam Wright was the provider of the first 2 goals of the half, initially setting up Tom with an exquisite cross for his sixth! Sam then put in another great cross to the back post for Sam Steele to finish.

De Stafford showed little sign of hitting back with Beacon in total control of the game. Sam Steele added another as the Beacon continued to cut through De Stafford’s defence with some quality passing through midfield.

Jack Clark scored Beacon’s ninth of the game, another fine passing move ended with a confident finish after another fine delivery from Sam Wright.  Jack added his second from close range when the ball found itself at his feet in a crowded penalty box.  There was just about time for one more and what a goal to end an incredible game for the Beacon side.  A free kick from 25 yards out was put into the top corner by Louis Cooper - what a goal!

11-1 the final result, an excellent performance from the boys with incredible performances all over the pitch.  However, a fantastic double hat trick from Beacon’s striker Tom earned him a well-deserved man of the match award. Well done to all involved. 

Mr G Newton - Assistant Headteacher, Teacher of PE