At Lime Tree we are pleased to announce that in July 2018 we achieved the Surrey Healthy Schools Bronze Award for our work to support health and wellbeing in our school and local community. Healthy Schools in Surrey is a commitment to promoting personal, social and health development and support the links between health, behaviour and achievement. Achieving the Bronze Award for Healthy Schools demonstrates that Lime Tree supports the following four areas:
- PSHE including 'Relationships and Sex Education' and 'Drug Education'.
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing
We received the following comments on our application:
Congratulations upon achieving Surrey Healthy Schools Bronze Award. A comprehensive review that clearly shows the school’s commitment to health and wellbeing of pupils, you have been well supported by Thrive and the Jigsaw scheme.
Our successes at Lime Tree that supported our Healthy Schools status include:
- School values and House system
- Anti-Bullying Week
- Bike It!
- Extra-curricular opportunities
- School Council
- JIGSAW (PSHE)
- Balanced and nutritious hot meals at lunch
- THRIVE Approach
- Religious Education links with the local community
- Continuous support from parents, children, families, staff and members of the local community.