Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST)
In Maths, Physics and MFL
Hosted by Rosbery School and Glyn School in Partnership with GLF Teaching School Alliance
Sessions delivered by Specialist Leaders in Education, Lead Practitioners and Outstanding Practitioners
FREE to all participants (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
Course Venues are:
Maths & MFL
This is a blended programme of learning, offering a range of support enabling teachers to further enhance and develop their subject knowledge.
This is a bespoke programme tailored to meet the needs of each individual with additional options such as:
- Top up to KS5
- Lesson observations
- Masters credits
- Face to face meetings
- Online resources
Who is the programme designed for?
- Teachers who are currently teaching MFL, Maths or Physics outside of their subject specialism
- Teachers who wish to offer teaching in MFL, Maths or Physics
- Teachers who are returning to the profession
How long is the programme?
The programme consists of 5 core, face-to-face sessions, which are designed to improve both subject knowledge and classroom practitioner skills which will allow you to confidently teach to GCSE.
- 5 face to face days will take place at either Glyn School or Rosebery School
- KS3 and KS4 programmes of study will be covered during these 5 sessions
- You will be provided with support and activities in schools which are designed and delivered by schools and outstanding practitioners
- The programme will include lesson observations, peer support, action research, online resources and other activities
- We also have the flexibility to offer a range of additional course elements including: A level training; Masters’ credits and coaching
Who is eligible for the programme?
To be eligible for a place on the programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have QTS but not have received initial teacher training (ITT) in the subject for which you are applying
- You must be currently teaching in a maintained secondary school, maintained or non-maintained special school or academy. Alternatively, you must be a qualified teacher who is looking to return to the profession
- Your school must be willing to support your application and your attendance at the five face-to-face sessions.
Please click on the link below to apply for the TSST programme
Upon submission of your application form, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application and the booking terms and conditions.
Commitment to the Course: By signing up to the TSST course you are committing to attend all sessions and, as such, must have approval from your Headteacher.
Cancellation Policy: The GLF TSA reserves the right to cancel without explanation on reasonable grounds. If cancelled by the delegate then one week’s written notice is required.
TSST Co-ordinator Information - Kerrie Cook TSST Co-Ordinator Information